Brown County Music Center Rules
The Brown County Music Center has placed the following rules and policies in place to make sure that every guest has a safe and enjoyable visit. Prepare for your ticketed event by reading and reviewing the rules and policies below as failure to abide by them may result in expulsion from the venue without refund.
If you have any questions, please contact the box office at 812-988-5323.
The Brown County Music Center is proud to offer a wide variety of accommodations for guests with disabilities and special mobility needs. These include:
- The venue offers a circle turnaround for guests that need to be dropped off, handicapped parking spots, handicap stalls in the restrooms and handicap seating options where guests in a wheelchair can be wheeled into their seats
- The venue recommends those who have trouble with stairs sit on the main floor since there are stairs up to the balcony seating.
- The venue also has EMTs on-site should there be any medical issues.
For certain events, arriving late may result in guests being asked to wait in the lobby until a designated break period. To avoid frustration, The Brown County Music Center recommends that you arrive no later than 45 minutes before a ticketed event to make sure you have plenty of time to find parking and get to your seat.
Bags are subject to inspection by event security staff. Before entering the hall, all guests will have to pass through a security checkpoint that includes a metal detector. Bags should not be larger than 4.5’’ x 6.5’’ as larger bags will not be allowed. Clear plastic bags for belongings may be brought in.
Photo policy is chosen by the artist or production company hosting the event. For most events, photographs, video, and audio recording devices are not allowed in the auditorium due to safety and copyright protection concerns. If an event requires different rules, it will be noted in the program description or guide.
The Brown County Music Center keeps the show going despite exterior weather. In the case of a cancellation due to artist cancellation, the venue will make announcements as soon as possible. If your ticketed event is canceled, please call 812-988-5323 . to ask about rescheduling or ticket refund procedures and policies.
Children must have their tickets for entry unless otherwise noted in the program or event guide. Children should always be accompanied by an adult parent or guardian.
If your child is disruptive during the event, then you and your child may be asked to wait in the lobby.
The Brown County Music Center offers pre-packaged food and refreshments from the concessions area. Outside food is not allowed.
Lost and Found Policy
Lost an item at an event? You can ask event staff for help with finding the lost and found service. You can also call 812-988-5323 . after the performance. Please be prepared to leave your full name, contact information, and a detailed description of your lost item.
The Brown County Music Center does not claim responsibility for your lost possessions.
The Brown County Music Center restricts certain items to keep guests and event staff safe. Please refer to the list below for details. All bags and guests are subject to visual inspections and any prohibited items may be disposed of or returned to guest vehicles. To avoid frustration, please refer to the list below.
- Alcoholic or other Beverages unless purchased from the bar
- Artificial Noise Makers
- Audio or Video Recording equipment
- Cameras (camera policies vary on an event by event basis)
- Bags (larger than 4.5’’ x 6.5’)
- Cans, Glass or Metal containers
- Fireworks or any Explosive
- Food and Beverage not purchased from the bar
- Illegal Drugs
- Knives of any size
- Laser Pointers
- Promotional items with commercial identification
- Tape Recorders
- Large golf or non-telescopic umbrellas
- Weapons of any description, including firearms
- Signs, banners, flags or any other items that would either obstruct the view of a patron or serve as a dangerous projectile or security risk.
- Other items that in the judgment of The Brown County Music Center management pose a safety risk or diminish the enjoyment of an event by other patrons.
Smoking is not allowed at the venue. Please contact the event staff to be guided to exterior smoking areas.